Do you have a dedicated system for the constant flow of paper entering your space? Or is your kitchen bench the general dumping point?
Are you wasting time and feeling frustrated and stressed every time you look at your desk? Tired of having to shut your office door whenever unexpected visitors call by?
Now imagine a world where you can easily deal with the everyday bombardment of paper, plus quickly locate those important documents when needed and you have a system in place to help you remember when to deal with items when the due date arises.
There are a few main steps to consider when starting to set up a reliable system to keep control of the constant stream of paper entering your space:
- Assign a dedicated place for incoming paperwork.
- Sort, categorise and label files in a way meaningful to you.
- De-clutter and archive existing papers, which
- makes filing easy by freeing up more space and
- makes it simple to find important, lost or missing documents
- Most importantly creating a filing system that works for you, everybody thinks differently!
The relief of re-gaining control of your paperwork can be immense. It can reduce your stress levels, save you embarrassment of missing important events and money on overdue fines for paying bills late,
If you are struggling with paper clutter a simple review of how you currently handle your paperwork, plus setting up a system you can easily manage and maintain can bring about an amazing result, make life less stressful, maximise your space and save you time and money.